COVID-19 Office Operations
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT – 5/21/2020:
The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office continues to transact business, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., however is currently closed to the public.
EFFECTIVE MAY 26, 2020: THE CLERK’S OFFICE WILL BEGIN ACCEPTING APPOINTMENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Marriage Licenses – York Co. or Poquoson RESIDENTS ONLY
- CHP Applications – NEW applications ONLY
- Qualifications for Notary, Minister/Marriage Celebrants, etc.
- Criminal (Cash) Payments – CASH ONLY; all other payments must be made via drop-box, mail, or online.
Appointments can be made directly through the Clerk’s Office by the use of the telephone numbers below:
Deed /Land Records Division 757-890-4103
Criminal / Traffic Division 757-890-4104
Civil Division 757-890-4105
Fiduciary/Probate Division 757-890-4106
Any other Miscellaneous Transactions 757-890-3350
*Note: All other services will continue through the drop box as we’re currently doing.
- Drop-box: There is a drop-box located in the courthouse by courthouse security for Criminal Filings, Civil Filings, Land Recordings, payments, and any other correspondence. *Please do not submit cash. The drop-box will be checked periodically throughout the day between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Friday.
*Please note that the sheriff’s deputies at the front door cannot answer any questions about any of the document that are being dropped off.
I, along with my staff, appreciate your patience and understanding and we remain dedicated to providing the highest quality of service possible during this pandemic.